Attention Weightlifters & Athletes…
Ever get those nagging aches and pains after beating yourself up under the barbell? Or maybe your muscles feel so tight, you can’t even bend over to tie your shoe!?
You and I both know strength training is great. But let’s not forget… Doing all of those repetitive movements alone can also leave you with deficiencies…
Namely, mobility and flexibility.
Truth is, any good resistance training program must follow Progressive Overload. Which means, increasing the stress on your body in order for it to adapt and grow back stronger.
HOWEVER – when you are working only on getting stronger, you tend to only train those repetitive movement patterns… over and over… week after week. Those repetitive movements become a groove you sink yourself in. As a result, your body doesn’t get the whole shebang it needs.
Over time, your muscles might even become “tough as double-boiled chicken”:
Yoga gives you plenty of lunging, twisting, opening, folding. The body moves in so many different ways through joint ranges of motion. Lengthening your muscles and opening up tightness in the body.
And not only does it lengthen your muscles. But it strengthens the deep tissue and bulletproofs your joints unlike anything else. Your range of motion will dramatically improve and help with performance.
Finally, let’s not forget about those flexibility gains. It’s why a lot of weightlifters get into yoga in the first place. Yoga does wonders for it. And you will often see the results of this quickly!
Introducing: Yoga RX for Weightlifters & Athletes
Sometime in 2011, I was competing in a jiu-jitsu tournament. Let’s just say a takedown went wrong… and suddenly… like soft spaghetti… my leg folded sideways…
A loud SNAP echoed through the gym walls. Letting everyone know my Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) had just snapped in half…
Did it hurt?
It f*cking hurt.
Eventually, I got surgery on my knee to replace the ACL. Which is when I found myself in an oxycontin haze on the couch. Immobilized. Battered. Beaten.
And I never wanted to feel like that again.
Especially when I took a look around. In fact, you might even see it in your friends and family. Seems everyone is feeling stiff and sore from years of lifestyle patterns piling up.
Don’t know about you… But it scares the crap outta me! That’s exactly when I vowed to fix my body and make sure I wouldn’t be feeling“stuck” in it.
Yoga and physiotherapy exercises played a huge role in not only rehabilitating my leg, but making my whole body stronger and more stable than ever.
Would you believe me if I said I used to be inflexible as hell? Well believe it! Why the heck do you think I got into yoga in the first place!?
I vote you to give it a try and see for yourself. The benefits are nothing short of amazing.
Why This Is Different from Traditional Yoga
I want to be clear about something up front: this isn’t traditional yoga.
Don’t get me wrong. The essence of yoga is still there. We focus on using the breath to guide the body through “flow”. Which is important to stimulate rest and digest (GREAT for recovery after workouts).
Instead, these classes are more modern by design. Leaving out the spiritual component. As well, I will cut out poses that aren’t as beneficial for physical benefits lifters are after. In addition, the classes will feature some calisthenics and bodyweight exercises from outside of yoga.
YogaRX is the outcome of YEARS of experience in both weightlifting and yoga. As a result, classes are created with resistance-trained athletes in mind. Meaning, a wider variety and focused on key areas.
For example, you can use chest focused classes after chest workouts. Or leg focused classes after leg workouts.
(you get the idea)
YogaRX is the answer I came up for weightlifters who want to improve their flexibility and mobility. And get rid of those pesky aches and pains. Helping with rest and recovery outside of their weightlifting routine.
Here’s what you can expect from practicing the classes in YogaRX:
- Improve your posture and joint health…
- Eliminate aches and pains from heavy lifting and repeated muscle use…
- Increase flexibility quickly…
- Firm, tone, and lengthen your muscles…
- And, feel more relaxed and limber.
The best part?
You’ll find it easy to integrate these classes with your weightlifting. Even if it’s just 20 minutes out of your day.
Here’s what’s inside YogaRX:
- Post-Workout Area Focused Yoga Classes These will be quick 15-20 minute post-workout classes designed to help with recovery and“prevent”muscle soreness. There will be classes for each area that complement whatever workout split you are doing (classes included for: chest, shoulders, quads, hamstrings, hips, back)
- Beginner Vinyasa Flow Classes These will be longer, 30-45 minute vinyasa style yoga classes. These will help “open up” the tight areas in your body and allow you to work on “flowing” with the breath. Doing so will help you ease tension and tightness in your muscles. (classes included: upper body, lower body, back and spine, total body focused vinyasa classes)
- Intermediate Vinyasa Flow Classes Same same as above, but these are going to offer more challenge. Kick it up a notch and train your core strength, and find deeper positions to help open up your hips and hamstrings. You’ll develop balance and stability which will help athletic performance overall! (classes included: upper body, lower body, back and spine, total body focused vinyasa classes)
- Yin Yoga Flexibility Class In this class, we will focus on holding key poses for a long time. You will stretch out your muscles and get into the deep connective tissue that will permanently increase your flexibility. This will help tremendously with improving your range of motion at the gym. And offer a solid weekly unwind to include into your weightlifting routine!
- Monthly YogaRX Insiders Class Every month, you will receive an email from me with a new class. Have a request for future classes? Just hit the reply button and let me know. It may be featured in a future class.
YogaRX is designed for all levels including beginners, intermediate, and advanced yoga practitioners.
With YogaRX, you will learn how to:
- Complement your existing training with yoga
- Improve flexibility and joint health
- Learn to breathe deeply to improve recovery and mental focus
- Develop strength in areas left out of weight training
- Improve alignment and posture
- Gain core strength and stability
- Iron out imbalances to reduce the risk of injury
I will walk you step-by-step through all of the poses in the classes. You can also put in requests for future classes and challenges.
In return, all I ask for is a (USD) $10 / month contribution towards helping me create these classes.
This helps me pay for expenses and equipment to continue improving on future classes.
Btw – if you’re not completely satisfied, I don’t want your money. No ifs ands or buts about it, I will refund your initial investment and you won’t have to worry about any future instalments. Simple as that.
HOWEVER I know you’re gonna love it! As long as you’re willing to give it a chance and practice consistently… your life will change.
Whattya say? Don’t you owe it to yourself to feel completely stress-free and relaxed after all that work you are putting in at the gym?
Remember, you don’t have to be flexible or strong to receive the benefits of yoga. You can get started wherever you are at.
Enrol in YogaRX today and let’s get started!
*Important: You will be transferred to Patreon, which I use for processing membership payments. It will prompt you to sign up to become a Patron of Built By Yoga. The same login details you use on Patreon will be used for accessing the members area on the website.
Should you have any questions, let me know! It’s jason[at]builtbyyoga.com.